The present city of D.G.Khan was established in 1910. In the west of the city, a Civil Hospital with one Civil Surgeon and Assistant Civil Surgeon was established to provide medical facilities for the small population of the city. Later on, the building was handed over to the Mission Hospital for females, run by an N.G.O. In 1955, under the American Aid, five hospitals were to be established in the Punjab, DHQ Hospital, D.G.Khan being one of those. Originally these hospitals were to be made centrally air-conditioned, but later on this idea was dropped. D.H.Q. Hospital, D.G.Khan was established on a total land of 50 acres having covered area of 8 acres.DHQ Hospital, D.G.Khan was initially situated on the south corner of old D.G.Khan City, but now it stands in the middle of the City. The approach is easy & well-connected from all sides. In the beginning, it was a 125 bedded hospital with proposed staff of one Medical Superintendent, Surgeon, Physician, Pathologist & Anesthetist, Gynecologist & Radiologist. Later on, in 1976-77 , TB & Chest Department of 36 beds with its staff & other related facilities was added to the Hospital. During the course of time, posts of Pediatrician, Cardiologist, Urologist, Dermatologist, Ophthalmologist, ENT Specialist & Orthopedic Surgeon were also sanctioned. A 20 bedded Maternity Hospital was established in the year 1993 from Red Cross grant. In 1994-95 it was given the status of Divisional Headquarters Hospital and was upgraded to 250 bedded hospital with the additions of Cardiology unit, Eye Unit, ENT Unit, Children Block, Casualty Block, Specialist Block & Homeo & Tibb Dispensaries. 40 bedded Trauma Center was constructed in year August 2011. The up gradation of this Hospital up to 500 beds have been completed and made functional in 2012. 350 beds/ 20 private rooms under the “Scheme Missing Specialties for up gradation of DHQ Hospital to Teaching Hospital” are being constructed and work is in progress. Catchment Area This hospital provides health care services not only to the inhabitants of this district but also to the patients coming from neighboring provinces. Its Catchment area extends from district Muzaffargarh on east to Loralai district of Balouchistan Province on west and also from D. I. Khan district of KPK Province on north to Kishmore district of Sindh Province on south.